Monday, November 3, 2008
Posted by ryan s at 9:42 AM
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Since I was about 13 I have heard that man has been destroying the planet with his admissions of carbon monoxide into the earths atmosphere. and there are a few reasons why i don't buy it
This is what science says global warming is or so they claim .
Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-twentieth century, and its projected continuation.
The average global air temperature near the Earth's surface increased 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) during the hundred years ending in 2005. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concludes "most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-twentieth century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic (man-made) greenhouse gas concentrations" via an enhanced greenhouse effect. Natural phenomena such as solar variation combined with volcanoes probably had a small warming effect from pre-industrial times to 1950 and a small cooling effect from 1950 onward.
Now I am not saying that earth isn't warming up, what I am questioning is- is weather or not this is just a natural occurrence of the earth... The reason I ask this is go look at your record highs for yor surrounding area's- which you can find on the weather channels web site. What i found while doing this was that the record highs were set in the early 1900's... While the record lows were set in the modern day which in fact is exactly back wards of what global warming is. According to them we should be setting the record highs every year as the temps rise not setting the record lows.
The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory performed a simulation to determine if there is a statistical trend in the frequency or strength of cyclones over time. The simulation concluded "the strongest hurricanes in the present climate may be upstaged by even more intense hurricanes over the next century as the earth's climate is warmed by increasing levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere".[
Another thing we are hearing is that we are getting more hurricanes in the Atlantic and they are becoming more powerful and more destructive, just like that study claims. But what they don't tell you is that Katrina is the worst named storm on record. Something they also don't tell you is that, that unnamed storms aren't even included in the data of that study. So what if i were to tell you that the worst hurricane on record wasn't Katrina but an unnamed storm in 1900 that hit Galveston TX . Don't believe me take a look at the NOAA track of this storm http://maps.csc.noaa.gov/hurricanes/viewer.html?QE=NAME&ATLBASIN=371 but since the storm isn't a named storm no body knows about it. Another thing that most people don't stop to realize is that the fact is that hurricanes today are more destructive because of how hot the weather is or isn't, it's due to the simple fact that more people are living in coastal cities, so their is more to destroy. They don't blame a shark attack on being less fish in the ocean to eat- no they blame the shark attack on the fact that there is more people in the water this day in age. so why are hurricanes any different?
anouther thing we hear is that the polar ice caps are melting and that we have more droughts because of this. OK are you scratching your head as well here . The first thing we are taught in Elementary Science is that rain is formed from the ocean it evaporates the sea water then that gets blown on shore, and that is what causes our Storm systems. So if the Polo ice caps are melting and putting more water into the oceans shouldn't we be having more rain and not less? Also most of the tempters in the USA and other country's is controlled by the gulf stream so you have all that cold fresh water being pumped into the gulf stream then the temps should be going down not up. this has happened before and it was known as the little ice age .So this is why i have such a hard time buying global warming, when all the simple fact's point the other way. That this is a normal trend that the earth goes through from time to time. Now you may ask why do they then tell all this stuff then? Have you ever thought that they don't know and are to afraid to admit that man may not know all the answers yet? So they blame it on man it's self because they don't know. and every body buys that fact because we have a bad tract recored for these types of things.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
if you would have told me three years ago that the price of regular unleaded would be any where from 4-5 dollars a gallon. i would have laughed in yor face and told you that the American public would never let it that far. But here we are paying those prices some places even more. cussing while filling up our tanks at least i was when i spent 70 bucs to fill up my Dodge Dakota the other day. then turning around and cussing while spending more on every thing else while they tell us it's because of gas prices we as Americans have seen the of our food go up the price of electric clothes and every thing else.
what are they doing to help us?
they talk about a gas holiday.... now what a gas holiday is you say? it is where the state suspends the high taxes that a state puts on gas. and we are so desperate now we cry out yes give us that any thing that will help us with these prices. but what most don't realize is, that states that have a high gas tax use these taxes to fund over 30% of there annual budget. and they can't afford to lose this money. so we will end up paying in other ways and other taxes. plus this doesn't fix the problem at all this is like sticking a piece of gum on a damn to stop a leak. it does help a lil but when these so called gas holidays are over. we go back paying more at the pumps, because the states have to raise the money back that they lost during the time the we where on this so called holiday. so remember this the next time you hear about these gas holidays on the news and don't be fooled a quick fix.
thanx for reading till next time
Posted by ryan s at 1:33 AM
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Posted by ryan s at 12:31 PM
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
- BANKS: Banks and credit unions are the number one reason why you get those annoying calls offering you something. you always give your personal info with out a bat of the eye not only will a bank use your phone number to try to sell you something that has to do with the bank but they well sell your info to other company's for millions on their own.
- CABLE OR SATELLITE: are another way they get your number i mean look at this way. how do they identify who you are when you call them by your phone number right ? and again they make millions selling your number to others.not to mention the fact they will call you to update your services
3. PHONE COMPANY : yes even your phone company well not only sell your personal info but they will call u with updates on on your service. (even if you have a unlisted number)
OK those are the main ways telemarketing firms get your phone number there are ways around this....
one is called a privacy block that is supplied by your phone company that blocks all incoming 1800 numbers from coming to your phone but this has some draw backs to it. one is the price phone company's charge any where from 5.99 to 10.00 for just this service. two is that blocks all incoming 1800 numbers even the ones you want to let through. like if you are trying to use a calling card or any thing like that. also it really doesn't work since now firms are wise to this Lil feature and are shying away from 1800 numbers. like just the other day i got a call from a telemarketer that popped up saying cell phone on my caller id so your just throwing your money out there for nothing now.
another is called the National Do Not Call Registry. now what this does is it sends a letter to the telemarketing firms and says this number is on the our list you are not to call it any more. while this works on about 50% of calls it doesn't stop all the calls what they don't tell you is this
If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?
No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls.
i don't know how many times i have made a call to somebody and been told they were on National Do Not Call Registry and never knew that since they have a business relationship with the company i am calling about that the National Do Not Call Registry help them
OTHER THINGS THAT WILL NOT HELP THE CALLS TO STOP
- having your spouse or a child tell them to take you off there list it has to be the lead (the person on the screen) that has to tell them to take them off their calling list. they will just call you back till you talk to them
- this is my favorite, telling a person on your answering machine to take your name off their calling list will not also stop the calling
- hanging up or just plain not answering will not help either
- also something that most people don't understand is that when you tell one caller to put you on the do not call list that doesn't mean that you won't get a call back from that place. for example lets say your bank calls you for an a anti theft program and you you say no and take me off your calling list. that means you will not get any calls about the anti theft program. but you still will receive calls about all the other programs out there for your bank
but it's not all bad news i can tell you how to stop almost all the calls. since calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted (sorry no stopping them) but the others i can help u with but it will take a Lil work OK here we go
- go to this web site https://www.donotcall.gov/ and register.. i know i can hear you now saying but Ryan you said this doesn't work no i said it will work on the firms that you don't have a business relationship with.
- call every body you do have a business relationship with your phone, cable,cell phone,credit,bank,electric/gas companies. and tell them to add you to their universal do not calling list. and after 90 days i grantee most of the calls will stop
not that hard huh? but you would be amazed how many people still don't realize how easy it is. or they are just to lazy to do this and keep getting calls, then complain because they do.
well this is my first post so be gentile on me. i also want every body to know that i don't do any type of drug at all . well besides prescription drugs.
OK any body who has been in cc3 knows this topic comes up at least once a day. and why it should be legal (me)and then the ones that say no it shouldn't. then they ask that question what was i thinking by saying it should be legal so here we go on why i think it should be.
- is that prisons are being over filled with marijuana users and sellers, out of all the drug arrest made in 2007 4.8% were for marijuana sale/manufacturing and 39.1% were for marijuana possession. those numbers are staggering that's more than the harder drugs like meth, coke, LSD,acid and so on.... In fact where i live in Illinois a man was caught with 6 pounds of pot in his car and got 40 years in a state prison. while a month later a man that stabbed a man to death only got 13 years. another man that was convected of raping a Lil boy then killing him was allowed to plea bargain down to a lesser charge of rape and only got 7 years are we seeing a problem here?
- pot is a drug that is safe if you really look at it and compare it to the other drugs out there . now i hear all of you right now saying not if you drive or run equipment . yes i know those risk as well but for right now i am comparing it to the harder drugs out there on the streets right now. u can't overdose on pot like you can crack, meth, LSD, and x. in fact your no danger to any body but the pantry. you never hear about a person high on pot shooting someone because they thought the person was a demon or something like that. The most common reason why marijuana can be harmful is that people can often come across laced marijuana without realizing it. Marijuana can easily be mixed with other more harmful drugs with out the buyer realizing it, until they have already used it. This is a dangerous thing that causes many people to do more harmful, hard core drugs without realizing it. If it were to be legalized the government could provide guide lines, like it does with alcohol to insure that people knew what they were putting into their bodies.
3. there are allot of good things that come could from making pot legal. Marijuana actually has many helpful benefits toward diseases / sicknesses. Marijuana can reduce nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite caused by AIDS. It can Reduce interlobular pressure, which alleviates the pain and slowing and sometimes even stopping the progress of glaucoma. Common side effects of chemotherapy are nausea, loss of appetite, and vomiting, all of which marijuana would help. It can limit muscle pain and relieve tremor and unsteadiness of gait for multiple sclerosis patients. Marijuana can help prevent epileptic seizures in some patients. It can also alleviate chronic, often debilitating pain caused by myriad disorders and injuries. Each one of these applications have been deemed legitimate by at least one United States court, legislature, and/or government agency.
4 money yes i said money.....By legalizing this drug, the government would save the money it currently spends fighting the drug. right now the government spends in a ball park figure of 77.8 billion estimated, 20 percent of the government's war on drugs expenditures goes toward marijuana. so why not put that money to work for us and not to a drug dealer in fact looking at a drug enforcement site it says that Americans spend a whopping $11 billion just on pot. so how many states would that help? and they could almost double that with a tax on it the fact of the matter is that a state could make more money by making it legal and taxing it then it would fighting it. why do you think prohibition ended on liquor? because the government was losing more money than it could have been making.
now i know i will get some comments asking what about a person that gets high and goes to work? but i as them this what the diff between that person and a person that is taking a narcotic pain killer? the biggest diff is that an employer will tell you if your high on pot just call in. But they well tell the person taking the pain med's to come in and work the way a pot smoker would be working
Posted by ryan s at 1:41 AM